Monday, January 9, 2012

We the People

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOq3O8g1xw4



I watched the video that is attached to the above link live and just re-watched this video and I have many problems with this. The first being that Mitt dodges answering this question with a straight answer as he so often does with everything he is asked. Perhaps the most perplexing thing about this is the fact that he is mocking a man who wants our country run by the document that was written by our founding fathers to provide balance and stability in our government set up to help its people. The biggest problem that I personally have with this is that so many people seemed to think that that was a very funny thing to say. Sad day when the American people make a mockery out of something that was designed for their benefit. Sorry, but I do not want a man in office who makes a joke out of the Constitution.

Most of you who will be reading this know or have figured that I am a HUGE supporter of Ron Paul. I am volunteer to his campaign, I own a t-shirt, and I just recently purchased one his books(The Revolution: A Manifesto). It is my personal belief that this country should be brought back to its roots. In order to explain this, let me first just remind what our roots truthfully are. This nation was founded by people who were tired of being controlled by their government in England and came searching for freedom. In doing so, they established a government that was to be the opposite of what they were living under. A government to help the people and not control them. A government designed not to enter into every personal affair of a citizen. This is where our great Constitution was born.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

This is the preamble to the U.S. Constitution. My personal favorite part is where it reads promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of Liberty. I would just like to ask when this became a joke to so many people and then it occurred to me. Most voters either slept through history and government class, or just never took the time to educate themselves on what this beautiful document actually says. If you have not ever read it, I highly recommend that you do so. I think you may realize that preserving it and instilling its principles in our government once again is what we need here in America.

Please share your thoughts below. I am open minded and love political conversation. I may disagree with what you have to say but I will never look down on someone for that. So no worries of being judged or attacked for your beliefs here. Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading your thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment