Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Wasting" Your Vote

As many of you know, I am a Libertarian Consitutionalist. I support the belief that the Constitution is the document that this country's foundation should be built on. Excuse me, RE-built on. Our founding fathers built it but our modern government has destroyed it.

I want to take a few minutes to just write my thoughts on what it means to "waste your vote" when going to the polls on Election Day. This is a topic that comes up in virtually every conversation I have with someone regarding politics. It usually starts the usual way; someone expresses their views and I share mine. And then I never fail to receive this question: "Will you still vote for Ron Paul if he runs Independent." My answer? YES! Even if Ron Paul does not run Independent I will vote third party, most likely Constitutional Party. "But Daniel, that takes votes away from the Republicans and is essentially putting Obama back in office. That would be...WASTING YOUR VOTE."

My Response to that is always the same. I don't care that I am taking votes away from the GOP and I am not supporting Obama just because I do not vote for a Republican. I am an avid supporter of the freedom of the American people and that means I will not support ANY big government candidate. I would not rather have Romney over Obama because Mitt Romney is a Republican John Kerry. That man does not even know what he believes or stands for. There is not even the slightest bit of stability in his platform. I also find it interesting that so many people want to replace Obama with Romney, whose Romney Care was used to model Obama Care. Hypocrisy? Nah, just ignorance of buying into the mainstream media. Gingrich is as big government as they come. He took a large sum of money from Freddie Mac, he wants to go to war with any Muslim country, he is for keeping our hand in everyone's business all over the world and he is a firm supporter of the Patriot Act, which is a MASSIVE infringement on my liberties as an American Citizen. So WHY...WHY would I vote to replace big government with big government? Why must the Americans continue to feel that they have to pledge their support to the lesser of two evils? I fell victim to this in 2008. I voted for John McCain. I did not want to. But I thought that I needed to keep the more terrible of the two out. I compromised what I believed and stood for in order to support someone that I did not support and I will NEVER do that again. In my opinion, I wasted my vote.

What should I have done? I should have voted for the candidate that best supported my belief system. I should have used my one, tiny voice to express my support for the Constitution and should have cast my vote for Ron Paul. Now, Dr. Paul is not the only man that I will support in politics. He just happens to be the face of my belief system in Washington right now. I hear people complain constantly how they are tired of settling for the lesser of two evils. I don't know about you, but I am tired of settling for the equal of two evils. This two party system way of voting has become a joke and I will not stand for it. If people are so tired of it then STOP DOING IT! Vote third party. Vote for WHAT YOU BELIEVE. If enough people vote third party because they stick to their beliefs, their candidate may and probably will not win, but numbers will show that we are sick of it.

2012 is a key election for the welfare of this country. We need, now more than ever, to look past this red and blue way of looking at things and we need to stick together and stick with what we believe. We need to not settle for second WORST and settle for first BEST. We need the Constitution back in the United States. We need states rights. In 2012, we need Dr. Ron Paul. Do not compromise what you believe just because you feel as though you have to. If you do, then you are wasting your chance to be heard. You are wasting your vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment