Saturday, December 17, 2011

Introduction/Super Mom

I informed all of my friends and family via facebook that I was going to start a blog that will consist of my thoughts and opinions on certain issues in my life. These are by no means forced views and I am not here to give anybody advice. For what is worth, I just want to share my opinion with the world whether is wanted or not. I said that I would start my blog with a post each day about a person who has influenced me greatly and helped shape me into the man that I have become and continue to grow into today.

The first person that deserves recognition is my mom. She is the greatest woman that I know and I am convinced that there is nobody else like her. Aside from the fact that she has a unique and somewhat distorted sense of humor, I believe that most people will find that anyone who knows her would agree with me. She is the most generous,loving, and caring woman that I know. My aunts and cousins have on numerous occasions told her that our family would fall apart if it was not for her strong sense of discernment or simply just her presence. I cannot speak for my entire family, but I can assure every reader of this: I would have fallen apart a long time ago had my mom not been such an integral part of my life.

She is an extremely strong willed person who is near impossible to reason with when her mind is set on something, however, nine times out of ten, she will be right to stay set in her ways because what she is set on is right in some fashion or another. I guess you could say I picked up some of her stubborn-ness, but that is not bad. All it means is that my mom has taught me the very valuable lesson of finding what you believe and sticking to it. Because of that principle, I never really went through a lot of peer pressure as a teenager or even now as a young adult. I do what I want and what I love so long as whatever I am doing does not compromise my morals or who I am. I cannot thank my mom enough for instilling this in me.

The greatest compliment that I can give to my mom and say about her is that she is hands down the shining example of what a Christian woman should be in this world. She gets along with virtually everybody, even after she talks them to death by giving them a play by play on why her sub from New York Deli is the best thing on this planet, and she is not afraid to let Christ rule her life. Spend five minutes with my mom and you will gather these three things: She loves her Lord and Savior. She loves her family (especially me! :))And she loves you. And by that I mean she would do just about anything for anybody to see those around her happy. It is because of my mom that I have the great pleasure in writing this blog to you as a born again Christian. At the young age of five, having grown up in church and being highly intelligent for my age (I wonder what happened), I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior. Guess who led me to meet Him? My mommy did! Right after reading my favorite bed time story, "I Need a Hug Red Bug".

I could go on and on and on about how special my mom is to me but this is a blog, not a dissertation. I will say that times have been tough for both of us but she has been my source of strength, other than Jesus, in every rough moment in life. And because of her pouring her strength into me, when times were rough for her and she could not be anyone's stability, I have been able to be what she has been for me. My mom has been through two divorces, two near death experiences, and has lived the life of a single mom at times. Her strength is comparable to none and her cheerfulness never dies. I love my mom and I could not imagine my life without her. Thanks mom to all that you have done for me!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Daniel! I look forward to reading more :) Aunt Stacey

    ReplyDelete